With funding from The Hospital Research Foundation Group (THRF Group), the Basil Hetzel Institute for Translational Health Research (BHI) and The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH) are pleased to invite applications for the 2024 THRF BHI TQEH Research Scholarships (Round 1).
The scholarships are offered via a competitive, application-based process and open to research students working on health and medical research projects at TQEH precinct with BHI, TQEH-based research supervisors.
THRF Group’s funding is supporting the following research scholarship categories:
- Vacation Scholarships of up to $200/week for a maximum of eight (8) weeks
- Honours Scholarships of $5,000 for one (1) year
- Masters by Coursework of $5,000 per year for up to two (2) years
- Top-up for Higher Degree by Research students of an additional $8,000 per year for either a PhD (up to 3.5 years) or Masters (2 years).
Eligibility criteria apply. See Guidelines for more information.
Applications will only be accepted if submitted via the appropriate SmartyGrants platform link for the type of scholarship by the applicable deadline below.
For Vacation, Honours and Masters by Coursework scholarships: Apply here
Applications close Friday 8 December 2023 at 4:00PM (ACDT)
For Higher Degree by Research Top-up scholarships: Apply here
Applications close Friday 2 February 2024 at 4:00PM (ACDT)
Please download and refer to the following documents when preparing your submission:
- Guidelines for applicants
- Primary Supervisor Statement
- Academic Referee Report form (required for Honours and Higher Degree by Research applicants only)
For more information, please contact our Research Office at [email protected]