To provide feedback on this video and suggest future hacks for us to cover – please provide your feedback here. We’d love to hear from you!
In your daily life, are there things you’d like to grip better? A grip mat is a simple, cheap solution that helps your fingers grip items and makes daily tasks easier.
WATCH the video above to see this great hack in action.
Some advantages of a grip mat include:
- it cushions hard edges
- helps with opening jars and bottles
- makes taps easier to turn (you can keep some near the sink!)
- helps grip an item when lifting
- makes gripping small, fiddly things easier (like a zip)
- or things that need a stronger grip
- or keeping an item stable (like a chopping board).
You can buy a grip mat for about $15 from hardware or retail stores, and cut it up in various sizes.
Thank you to our Group charity The Hospital Research Foundation Group – Arthritis for compiling this excellent hack!